Wood Work Specifications
- Wood used has cracks.
- Application of putti is not uniform.
- Screws are nailed instead of being screwed.
- Moisture content in wood is more than permissible limits.
- Hold fasts are directly fixed in wood instead of concreting.
Brief Specifications for Wood Work:
- Frames of joineries may be made of timber. Usually, teak, deodar or rose woods have high demand.
- They should be treated with preservative and termite resistant chemicals. The finish product should be free from knots, cracks, twists, or, warps.
- Maximum moisture content in seasoned timber should not exceed 8 % to 14 % depending upon the use and thickness. Details can be referred from IS: 267.
- The plywood used for panelling of door shutters should be BWR (Boiling water proofing) grade.